How to make a Heaven Diorama with your kids. This is a great project to go hand in hand with the book, HEAVEN FOR KIDS, BY RANDY ALCORN and really, your young children will love to hear how the Bible describes heaven.
How to Make a Heaven Diorama
- 1 shoe box (square is ideal, but rectangular is just fine)
- construction paper
- crayons, paint or glitter glue
Other possible materials:
- decorative plastic “gems” from the craft store
- miniature artificial trees and flowers (unless you make your own out of paper or other materials)
- miniature plastic animals
- aluminum foil or other shiny paper
- popsicle sticks
- cotton balls
- anything else you can think of to build, enhance and decorate your diorama
The goal of this diorama is to create a miniature model of what you think Heaven (New Jerusalem) will look like based on Revelation 21:1-22:5. (Other neat reference to consider for your enhancements: Rev. 4:1-11)
- Throne of God
- River of Life
- Tree of Life
- Streets of gold
- Gemmed walls of the city (the walls of the shoe box be your city walls)
- 12 gates of the city (do not need to be able to open them)
Other elements may be added according to your vision and creativity. Read and reread Rev. 21:1-22:5 and look for as many details as possible. See what you can reproduce in your heaven diorama.
May this project be an act of worship as you think about this beautiful place in which our God dwells and where one day we will live with Him forever.