The Amazing Convenience of Grocery Home Delivery
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Jewel-Osco: Home Delivery. The opinions and text are all mine. #JewelDelivers
When I was a teenager, we had a local store that would deliver to our home and it was fantastic. When I moved to Chicago, I could never locate any store that would deliver. The area was just too large and I really missed that country-living perk. I moved to Beijing as a newly married mom and grocery delivery was pretty standard there and I loved it. Recently, my favorite supermarket, Jewel-Osco, began offering delivery services. My joy over grocery delivery is real and heartfelt.
I have a daily route that I drive, taking my kids to school and picking them up. On my path home, I stop at Jewel-Osco to pick up the makings for dinner. This was my daily routine, but no longer.
Conveniences of Delivery
I can now have my groceries delivered right to my door. Jewel-Osco deliveries my groceries with the launch of their new Home Delivery Services. The freshest groceries are delivered right to my door, by the friendliest delivery men AND they carry my groceries into my kitchen! I simply select all my favorite groceries, necessities and items and add them to my shopping cart. All on-line and from my laptop!
The process of grocery shopping with Jewel-Osco on-line is very straightforward. Simply create an account with Jewel-Osco, select the items needed to purchase, determine a delivery time that works with your schedule and you are set. I can select a date for delivery and not only a date, but a time window. If I order early enough in the morning, I can even have same day delivery. This option is great because I don't keep a running inventory of the contents of my refrigerator or pantry. My kids are all too happy to accuse me of not purchasing all their favorite foods when they are out. This normally occurs in the morning before we even leave for school.
How Do Home Delivery Services Work?
If I want to pick up the groceries instead of delivery due to super busy schedules; because let's face it, some days I don't even see my home until bedtime with my children's busy schedules. Jewel-Osco offers Drive Up & Go™ FREE curbside pickup at some of their store locations and this is available 7 days a week. There are not any fees associated with Drive UP & Go, beyond the total cost of your groceries.
I love the Drive Up & Go™ curbside pickup option! Shopping online for groceries, someone else pushes the cart around the aisles, someone else stands and unloads the cart and someone else stands there waiting for the items to be bagged. I simply drive up and the groceries are loaded into my vehicle. Now if Jewel-Osco would send someone to my home to put all the groceries away in my cupboards, I would be forever grateful!
Now you may be thinking, that you would never order fresh fruit or produce, meats or perishable items on-line, because you would like to check these items out yourself. But freeing up my time from this must-do chore to focus on more productive or enjoyable activities is invaluable to me. Plus, Jewel-Osco employees are doing the shopping for you, right from their own stores, which is likely the neighborhood Jewel-Osco you shop.
Shopping by history is really one of the fastest ways to shop today for my family. But, I can also shop by aisle or shop by recipe, with the recipes provided by Jewel-Osco. I don't think I will ever run out of milk again!
Getting Started With Jewel-Osco Home Delivery
- Place orders before 1:00 pm for Same Day Delivery
- Order before 3:00 am for delivery between 7:00 am and 10:00 am
- Order before 5:00 am for delivery between 11:00 am and 4:00 pm
- Order before 1:00 pm for delivery between 5:00 pm and 10:00 pm
- Home delivery fees vary by delivery window, but are typically:
- 1-hour delivery window: $5.95 on purchases of $150 or more, $7.95 on purchases under $150
- 2-hour delivery window: $2.95 on purchases of $150 or more, $4.95 on purchases under $150
- 4-hour delivery window: Typically FREE
- Driver brings groceries to your door or even to your kitchen
- Delivery trucks equipped with frozen and chilled compartments to keep your ice cream frozen and vegetables crisp
- $30 minimum purchase required for delivery or pickup
- Savings available on your 1st online order:
- $25 Off + Free Delivery on your 1st order when you spend $100 or more (Promo Code: JEWEL valid on orders placed until 2/28/18)
- Free Delivery on your 1st order with $30 minimum purchase required (Promo Code: FREE valid on orders placed until 2/28/18)
Jewel-Osco takes care of us busy mommas!
Have you ever used a grocery home delivery service? Are You Going to Give Home Delivery Services a Try?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Jewel-Osco. The opinions and text are all mine.