Steak Nachos Salad Bowl
We are officially at the very end of football season. This marks the end of winter for some of our nation and a peek into spring. I live in the Midwest and a couple of days ago, the groundhog saw his shadow, which means we are scheduled for 6 more weeks of winter. But, really, that is normal for my area! It is snowing right now as I type this!
Since it is the end of the Big Game celebrations, concluding with the Biggest Game of all, I thought what a better way to celebrate than with a delicious salad. Salad bowls are really wonderful and are great for lunch or dinner because they are filled with delicious greens, yummy veggies and topped with a grilled marinated flank steak! On top of all this deliciousness, put some amazing cheese sauce!
This Steak Nachos Salad Bowl really has everything that a delicious salad should have, plus more! There is a great variety of greens, vegetables, lovely colors and flavors, great protein, and a fabulously marinated steak. There is the added bonus of cheese sauce that pairs everything so perfectly together.
This Steak Nachos Salad Bowl recipe is super easy to put together. I can easily purchase bagged salad greens from my local Walmart that are perfect in this big salad bowl. I was even able to purchase the sweet potato spirals and chopped brussel spouts in prepared bags at Walmart. This alone is a huge time saver for my busy family. I love everything all ready for me at prep time so I can spend more time at the table with my family. But, if you like to chop your greens or have a preference to salad greens, go that route. We are really keen on a bagged mix of kale and cabbage right now.
The marinade for the steak is the only thing that will need to be prepped ahead of time. But, as long as you marinade the steak for at least an hour you are good. I prefer to marinade our flank steaks over night as you really get the best flavor then. My advise though really is, do not skip the marinade process. In these salads, I also prefer to use a flank steak over other cuts of beef. Your favorite cut will work well, but I do like the way a flank steak lays so nicely in the salad bowl.
This Steak Nachos Salad Bowl recipe is great because you can mix up and swap out the leafy greens and veggies of the salad bowl. It really depends on your taste and what your favorite vegetables are at the moment. My kids and I are really loving sliced brussel sprouts and spiraled sweet potatoes this Big Game season. Not only are they delicious, but they are super fun to eat!
This is a great recipe for parties, like all your BIG GAME parties. Simply lay out all the elements and ingredients for the salad bowls and your friends and family can create their very own Steak Nachos Salad Bowl to their liking. I especially love that Ricos cheese sauce is available in different flavors and is trans fat FREE and is made with ZERO hydrogenated oils. My husband and son adore the Ricos Hot & Spicy Cheddar Cheese Sauce on their Steak Nachos Salad Bowl.
My favorite way to eat my Steak Nachos Salad Bowl is to create a beautiful salad bowl and then mix it all together. I smash the blue corn chips and the sweet potato chips into smaller pieces and then mix the greens, the veggies, the chips and the cheese sauce all together. SO GOOD! There is a bit of heat from the sliced jalapenos, crunch from the brussel sprouts, sweetness from the sweet potatoes and tomatoes, and creaminess from the avocado and cheese sauce with just a tiny bit of tang from the lime! Seriously, this salad is that good!!
Steak Nachos Salad Bowl
Marinade for the Steaks:
- 2-3 pd flank steak (I purchase 2 of these for my family of 5)
- 5 cloves of garlic
- juice of 2 limes
- ½ cup of orange juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp turbinado sugar
- 1 tbsp salt (pepper is optional - I do not like pepper, so I never use it, but I know a lot of people love pepper, especially on steaks and salads)
Veggies for the Salad Bowls:
- mixed salad greens (I used a mixture of kale/cabbage/arugula)
- sliced brussel sprouts
- spiraled sweet potatoes
- chopped grape tomatoes
- 3-4 sliced radishes
- ½ avocado, peeled and sliced (per salad bowl)
- salt to taste
- cilantro chopped
- jalapenos sliced
- limes quartered and zested
- blue corn chips and sweet potato chips
1. Marinade: Chop garlic cloves in a small food processor. Add the marinade ingredients and mix thoroughly. Place the steaks in a dish, cover with the marinade, and place in the refrigerator for 1-24 hours. I prefer overnight.
2. Grilling the Steak: Preheat the grill to medium heat. Remove the meat from the marinade dish. Place the flanks steak on the grill and grill for 7-9 minutes per side. We enjoy a medium rare steak (140-145º), but you can grill longer if you prefer your steak medium (155-160º). Place grilled steaks on a platter and cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice across the grain of meat (ie: slicing across the width of the steak rather than its length).
3. Greens and Veggies: Prep your salad bowl toppings.
4. Assemble: Build your salad bowl with greens. Nestle in your avocado slices, radish slices and nacho chips. Sprinkle in a handful of sliced brussel sprouts and spiraled sweet potatoes (I quickly blanched mine). Top with chopped cilantro, jalapeno and real salt.
5. Protein: Place slices of flank steak on top of the salad bowl.
6. Toppings: Scoop a generous ½ cup of Ricos Premium Cheddar Cheese Sauce. Squeeze a slice of lime over the top and sprinkle a bit of the lime zest. ENJOY!
If you happen to make your very own Steak Nachos Salad Bowl, let me see it! Post it to Instagram and tag with #RicosCheesePlease hashtag! Pin my recipe for later use!
No need to spend your time during the Big Game cooking. Set up this awesome Steak Nachos Salad Bowl station! This is the perfect dish for the #BigGame today using @ricosproducts. Delicious greens, yummy veggies and topped with grilled steak and cheesy goodness!! AD #RicosCheesePlease . . . . . . #FOOTBALL #gamedayrecipes #partyfood #tailgating #gamedaysnacks #onmytable #onthetable #yummy #instagood #simplerecipes #recipe #easyrecipe #momblogger #chicagomomblogger #salads #saladbowl #stealsalad #foodisfuel #eattherainbow #kaleyeah