Sears Days – Best Time to Buy
This post has been sponsored by Sears. All opinions are mine alone. #SearsDays #Sears
Sears Days – Best Time to Buy
Timely tips to earn more rewards and maximize shopping dollars
When I was growing up in rural Iowa, we did not have big-box stores near our tiny little town. My parents had to drive to another rural community to grocery shop; but we did have a corner store for everyday needs. I remember we would make a big shopping day once a year and head to Sears, which was a few hours away. My father would head in one direction, my mother in another with my little brothers and I could roam about looking at whatever I pleased and we would all meet back up later in the day.
When I was I college, I still went to Sears for all my needs. Sears was the first to offer me a credit card, so I am forever grateful to Sears. I was able to purchase my first interview outfit after graduation, I went to the optical center to keep me seeing straight and I even purchased my very first appliances from Sears. I still shop at Sears today with my own children, but now I earn points on all my qualifying purchases!
Time is money right? Well, Nicole Lapin, a personal finance expert, is working with Sears to promote Sears Days and she has some amazing money saving tips. Nicole Lapin's shopping points tips will help all of us learn how to get the best results from the Sears Shop Your Way loyalty Program.
This is the best time for Sears shoppers to buy because Shop Your Way members can save more cash and earn even more Shop Your Way points to spend on their next purchase. For the first time, Sears is offering shoppers an even deeper value with even more rewards points than years prior. In addition to amazing sale prices store wide, members will also earn Shop Your Way points to use on future purchases.
Nicole Lapin’s Shopping Points Tips:
1. If your favorite retailer offers a free loyalty rewards program, join it! It might seem very Captain Obvious, but you can’t enjoy the perks if you’re not a member of the club. Free rewards programs are the best way to ensure you’re first in line for merchandise exclusives and savings (which is especially helpful when you're looking to buy those bigger household items). Programs like the Sears’ Shop Your Way program give back at least 1% in points value with each purchase, plus surprise points throughout the year. It’s like discovering free money in your wallet!
2. Celebrate the shopping “holidays.” Sales happen all the time – but not all sales are created equal. Plan out your shopping spree like a boss by recognizing the best time to buy. This not only saves you money, but can double or even triple your points value. If you're itching to get some spring shopping done, make sure to mark your calendar for Sears Days March 26 to April 8. Discounts and deals will be offered in every department, from appliances to spring fashion & more. Plus, Shop Your Way members can earn more rewards during the event!
3. When it comes to points, use them or lose them. Points are like vacation days – you’ve earned them, so use them! People lose out on thousands of dollars each year in unredeemed loyalty points. With the Sears’ Shop Your Way program, the points are linked to your account and can be used anytime, on any purchase. It’s a no-brainer.
4. You should choose your reward; not the other way around. A retail loyalty program is only as good as its perks, so you might as well join one that rewards you where you actually shop, right? The Sears Shop Your Way marketplace lets you earn qualifying points not only at Sears, Kmart and Sears Auto Center, but also with such partners as Uber, Groupon, Hilton and hundreds more!
5. Take advantage of deals online and in-store. With life moving so fast, sometimes it's hard to plan whether or not you'll get a chance to stop by a store. Since Sears offers seamless integration between the in-store, mobile and online shopping experiences, you know you’re getting the best deal whether you're logged in or stopping by in person.
Spring is here! Spring cleaning, outdoor projects, deck furniture, grills, Easter, Mother's Day and graduation. Remember! If you want to score even more savings, sign up now for the rewards program, Shop Your Way, to start earning points. You might be able to use points to purchase your appliances, or at least earn enough extra points for a future purchase. Don’t forget to check out manufacturer rebates, too, for hidden savings.
Also, I have a giveaway over here ----> Here's your opportunity to win ONE (1) $100.00E-Gift Card to complete your own Spring Shopping at Sears!