Roasted Beet, Apple & Spinach Salad Recipe
Roasted Beet & Apple Salad
My family went on a quest last year to really get into better healthy living habits. We have always been a family of salad eaters, but I decided to kick it up a notch and try to be inventive with some salads.
My husband recently lost 50 pounds and salads are a huge contributor to his healthy living diet now. He always ate a nice salad, but now he pretty much doubles his salad portion as he doesn't eat any of the 'other' foods I cook.
I needed to boost the amount of vitamins in his salads and this is one of his new favorites. Salads are actually one of my husbands favorite way to enjoy apples. This salad happens to be quite simple and some of the portions can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge to use during the week.
- 6 medium beets
- 2 TBSP Coconut Oil
- Real Salt & Pepper
- 1 bag of spinach leaves - stems removed
- 2 large Granny Smith apple - cut into strips
- 2 TBSP Walnuts
¼ cup soft goat’s cheese to crumble on top
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 3 TBSP Coconut Oil (liquid)
- 2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Raw Honey
- 1 TBSP Dijon Mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Wash, peel, trim & quarter the beets.
- Place the beets in a roasting pan and toss with coconut oil, real salt & pepper.
- Roast for approximately 1 hour.
- Roasted beets may be stored in the fridge for up to one week.
- In a large salad bowl, add spinach leaves, strips of apples and cooled roasted beets
- In a separate bowl, mix coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, raw honey & Dijon mustard
- Whisk vinaigrette and pour over the salad
- Top with walnuts
- OPTIONAL: top with crumbled goat cheese