Green St Patrick's Day Waffles
This Homemade Green St Patrick’s Day Waffle Recipe is easy and makes delicious waffles! Green St Patrick’s Day Waffles are super simple to make from scratch or from a mix like I did to keep it extra simple and quick.
Green Valentine Waffles
This homemade Green St Patrick’s Day Waffle recipe is the perfect way to celebrate St Patrick’s Day for a celebatory breakfast or brunch for your children, family or houseful of guests. This Green St Patrick’s Day Waffle recipe makes perfectly crisp and golden waffles on the outside while being light, fluffy AND GREEN on the inside!
This homemade Green St Patrick’s Day Waffle Recipe with St Patrick’s Day sprinkles is a fun and easy way to surprise your children on this lucky holiday. Homemade Green Waffles make the perfect breakfast, brunch or even make them for dessert. These homemade Green St Patrick's Day Waffles can even be frozen to use for later.
2 cups Waffle Mix
1½ cup milk (we use non-dairy and it works fine)
4 TBSP Coconut Oil
2 tsp vanilla
A couple of drops of green food coloring
Stir all the ingredients together in a bowl until large clumps disappear. Allow the batter to rest for 5-10 minutes before preparing the waffles. I wait for the waffle maker to heat and and make the icing whilst I wait for the batter to rest.
1 cup of powdered sugar
2 Tbsp whipping cream
*Green food coloring**
St Patrick’s Day sprinkles like green and white jimmies, variety of green nonpareils and green edible confetti shamrocks
1. Prepare your waffle mixture in a bowl. Add green food coloring until you get a lovely light green color. Set aside to rest
2. Preheat waffle maker.
3. Whisk powdered sugar with whipping cream. If the Icing is not thin enough, simply add a bit more whipping cream. If you don’t have whipping cream - use milk, non-dairy milk, or ½ & ½, 1 tsp at a time. Alternatively, if the icing is too runny, add powdered sugar 1 tsp at a time. *Add green food coloring a drop at a time to get the desire color of icing.
4. Spray both surfaces of your waffle iron with cooking spray
5. Scoop ¼ cup batter to each waffle section in preheated waffle maker and bake until the waffle maker beeps. We like our waffles extra crispy, so we have the waffle maker on the highest setting.
**(I know I typed green food coloring, but my children requested blue icing, so blue icing is what they got! ♥☺)
6. Drizzle colored icing over the green waffles and add the fun colored St Patrick’s sprinkles.
If you would like to make Belguim Waffles or Liege Waffles, simply do not fill the waffle iron completely full to the edges of the waffle maker. Belguim Waffles / Liege Waffles are typically made with uneven edges. My children love when I make Belguim Waffles at home like we had on the streets in Brussels, Belguim London, England and Paris, France. So I don’t fill the waffle iron completely full with the waffle mix to get the lovely signature uneven edges.
Once you make these Green St Patrick's Day Waffles for your kids, they will be requesting homemade waffles every weekend in a variety of colors or just plain ‘ole yummy waffles. Whether you make these homemade waffles for breakfast, brunch or dessert, drizzle with this delicious icing. Top your homemade waffles with some amazing fruit in a variety of colors. Another great treat is homemade waffles topped with your favorite ice cream and flavored syrup.
What are your favorite St Patrick’s Day breakfast ideas?
Take a look at more fun St Patrick’s Day recipes: