This week I didn't know what to "Capture" with the assignment of Rustic. I simply walked around my house today with my Canon Rebel XT and looked for things that I thought would fit this.
- rus·tic ~ \ˈrəs-tik\
- 1. of, pertaining to, or living in the country, as distinguished from towns or cities: rural.
- 2. simply, artless, or unsophisticated.
- 3. uncouth, rude or boorish
- 4. made of roughly dressed limbs or roots of trees, as garden seats.
- 5. (of stonework) having the surfaces rough or irregular and the joints sunken or beveled.
These wheels are from a tiny baby carriage that sits in my daughter's room. It is quite adorable.
This lovely warrior horse is my daughter's. She received it as a gift for her 2nd birthday from a Chinese friend. Her party was a pony theme and this was the only horse that our friend could find. (There are no toy stores or Targets in China) She purchased it at an antique market called PanJiaYuan. A fantastic market to shop! Makes me miss Beijing so much right now. I may be going back in September. May be being the key words. My husband has given me a resounding ROARING NO. But I am working on him. We shall see what transpires.