NOW vs THEN
*Think back to ten years ago on this month.
*Write truthful answers and ELABORATE. This makes it more interesting!
*If you don't have a scanner you may omit #14 but I think if you do you should totally do it!
*It's about personal changes. Have fun with it!
Then: NOVEMBER 1999
1. Age: 32
2. Romantic Status: In Love, was newly engaged my present hubbie(that sounds weird, but I had been married before)
3. Occupation: Sr Financial Analyst at a HUGE Telecommunication Company, rising fast and furious in the company and working crazy amounts of hours and loving every second of it!
4. Fun night out: Margarita's with my girls on Wednesdays - no one ever missed! It was always something greatly looked forward too. Once I got engaged though, my (now hubbie) didn't like it and raised such a stink every time I went that I had to stop going. I wish he wasn't such a jealous person.
5. My BFFs: my darling, gorgeous Astrid
6. I spent way too much time: on my hair, BUT, looking at that photo below, it was worth it!
7. I spent not enough time: praying
8. I wanted to be when I grew up: I was where I wanted to be in my career and I was happy with my romantic status
9. Biggest concern: work, I always worried about work - oh, and my brothers, I worried incessantly about my little brothers, but I still do that.
10. What my biggest concern should have been: saving more money
11. Where did I live: I had the cutest condo that was all mine, mine, mine, mine. My bedroom was pink with pink everything and sea foam green accents. My sofa was light aqua with a flowered pink chair and pink chandeliers. I LOVED my condo!
12. Dumbest thing I did that year: I can honestly say that by age 32, I had a lot of my life in line and figured out. I was making smart choices by then.
13. If I could go back now and talk to myself I would say: Probably say date more often. But I know I wouldn't have. I was with my ex for 11 years, divorced him and started to date hubbie. I should have dated more, I think? I don't know.
14. Picture of me then:
this is actually December 1999 because I can not find the photos from November 1999. I totally remember what I was wearing on Thanksgiving that year too! The cutest little red wool mini skirt with black leather straps, black sweater with leopard trim around the wrists and a little leopard pocket, black tights and 3 inch black heels - I looked super cute! I just can't find the photo! But, I like this photo too. I was really happy here. I LOVE my hair in 1999! I used to highlight my hair, maybe I should try that again?
Now: NOVEMBER 2009
1. Age: 42
2. Romantic Status: married, er, happily (fits of giggles)
3. Occupation: SAHM, part-time PTL volunteer
4. Fun night out: Going to Target BY MYSELF, getting my nails done without 12 phone calls from hubbie
5. My BFFs: my gorgy, lovely friend in Australia whom I never get to see any more!
6. I spend way too much time: on the computer . . . blogging, tweeting, emailing
7. I spend not enough time: playing with my children
8. I want to be when I grow up: I like being a momma right now. I definitely do NOT see myself doing this for 30 more years, but I am in a good place right now.
9. Biggest concern: my children, my children, the economy, money, my hubbie's job, my children, my brothers
10. What my biggest concern should be: my children, my children, the economy, money, my hubbie's job, my children, my brothers
11. Where do I live: An urban girl stuck in the suburbs!
12. Dumbest thing I have done this year: Lock myself out of the house (sadly more than once)
13. What I think I would say to myself in 10 years: Girl, you are really grey! And fat!
1. What do I miss most from 1999: my hard body, my gorgeous, non-grey hair, my own money, oh how I miss my paychecks, oh and traveling. We used to just go at the drop of a hat, off to somewhere exciting and wonderful!
2. What do I miss least from 1999: stress from my job
3. What have I accomplished in 10 years that I am most proud of: A Son, A Daughter and A Daughter
4. What have I NOT accomplished in 10 years that I wish I had: Getting a Master's Degree!