As a child I recall viewing that magnificent lion head with the menacing roar on so many of my favorites movies. I have so many favorites in my queue of movies that were made by MGM--Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and this year marks their 90th anniversary! MGM has released some of the world's best motion pictures ever made.
I happen to love the classics! I could sit in my chair all day and stream MGM classics and never get up! My little brother and I used to do this during the winter breaks for years; each selecting a couple of movies for the day.
I've decided I want to introduce some of MGM's amazing classics to my children. I don't want my children to only be exposed to today's entertainment; they certainly need to see some classic films. It is so hard to choose because there are so many wonderful classics for children to view. So, MGM has helped me out.
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang-1968
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls — start your engines. You’re about to take an
incredible ride with one of the most wonderful family films of all time! With its clever
tunes, marvelous cast and enchanting storyline, this delightful romp is lots of fun and simply “toot sweet” to pass up! Dick Van Dyke stars as eccentric inventor Caractacus Potts, who creates an extraordinary car called Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. It not only drives — but also flies
and floats — as it leads him, his two children and his beautiful lady friend, Truly Scrumptious (Sally Ann Howes), into a magical world of pirates, castles and endless adventure.
All Dogs go to Heaven-1989
Set in 1939 New Orleans, this colorful, song-filled story centers on Charles B. Barkin, a
roguish German Shepherd with the charm of a con man and the heart of a
marshmallow. Out for revenge against his double-crossing former partner, a
cigar-chomping pit bull known as Carface, Charlie finds himself guardian to a lonely
little orphan named Anne-Marie. Her astounding ability to talk to animals leads this
unlikely pair on an adventure packed with thrills, laughs, tears and true love.
The Princess Bride-1987
When the beautiful maiden Buttercup (Robin Wright) hears that her true love
Westley (Cary Elwes) is dead, she reluctantly agrees to marry the loathsome Prince
Humperdinck (Chris Sarandon). After Westley returns to rescue Buttercup, the two
begin an epic adventure filled with fencing, fighting, giants, monsters, miracles, true
love and hilarity! Featuring an all-star cast, including Mandy Patinkin, Billy Crystal
and Christopher Guest, The Princess Bride is an almost inconceivable delight from
Oscar® Nominee Rob Reiner and Oscar®-Winning screenwriter William Goldman.
Winter break is upon us and what better interest is there than MGM Classics! There are plenty of classics to keep you buys, but the few ThinkJam & MGM selected will get anyone started. Introduce your children to these classic s and they can begin their own search of over 25,000 classic films and discover their own favorite soon enough.
Here's your opportunity to win ALL THREE OF THESE MGM CLASSICS on DVD! The Princess Bride, All Dogs Go to Heaven and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
Mandatory Entry: Sign up for Tiaras & Tantrums via subscription(link directly-below Blog RSS) and confirm your subscription! Leave a comment below to tell that you have done so and the RSS feed does not count.
- 1. Follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/tiarastantrums
- 2. Leave me a comment below letting me know Which films have you shown to your children?
- 3. Share this contest/game on your Facebook page using the button on the bottom of the post, the #MGMInsiders hashtag and share that link in your entry comment here.
- 4. "Like" the MGM Facebook Page. Leave me a separate comment telling me you have done so. If you already like me, just leave a separate comment .
- 5. Retweet this info (you can use the tweet button at the bottom of the post), use this hashtag: #MGMInsiders and leave me a comment with a link to your retweet.
- 6. Retweet daily and leave a comment daily that you have done this.
- 7. Extra entry for leaving a comment on a non-giveaway post – you must leave a comment here as well to tell me that you have done so to get the entry.
- 8. Follow me on BlogLovin' and leave me a comment to tell me that you have done so.
- 9. “Like” my Facebook page here, leave me a separate comment telling me you have done so. If you already like me, just leave a separate comment.
- 11. Like this post on Facebook.
- 12. Comment on this post on facebook.
- 13. Follow me on Instagram and leave a separate comment.
- 14. Follow me on Pinterest and leave a separate comment.
- 15. Follow me on Google Plus! And leave a separate comment.
- 16. + this post on Google Plus - link below And leave a separate comment.
- 17. Share this post on your Google Plus page And leave a separate comment with the link.
- What would you do with a car like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? leave a separate comment.
- How do we make our friends feel loved every day? leave a separate comment.
- What makes for a really good adventure/love story? leave a separate comment.
You must leave a separate comment in the comments field for each entry that you make to be entered! If you are already completed these tasks to enter, just leave a separate comment reminding me of that! Contest ends midnight, January 3, 2015. Prizes must be claimed within 48 hours.
Every entry requires a separate comment!
Disclosure: I am a member of Fox Home Entertainment Insiders program. As always, the opinions expressed are mine. We are compensated for our reviews. Click here for details.