Here it is 21 days before Christmas . . . 21 days! I have not purchased one single gift for anyone. Not. One. Single. Gift. I think if I am being honest here, I am slightly leaning towards banning all gifts this year. My kids are NOT happy to say the least.
I am all for bringing about Elf magic this month. I am all about baking holiday cookies this month and eating most of them all by myself. I am totally game with decorating this month. I can't wait for a delicious Christmas breakfast followed by an even more delicious Christmas dinner. The tickets to see the Nutcracker are in hand and we can't wait to see this ballet. The kiddos all have their parts for the Christmas services at church.
But the gifts. I'm so not even thinking that we need them this year. My husband said I am a being a big scrooge. He also said I was totally cheating our youngest daughter out of a blessed Christmas. I'm not so sure. My family is blessed. The kids are certainly over blessed in fact if I really think about it. I just don't see anything that my family really "needs" versus want they "want".
I'm sure I will be over ruled as I am a quiet person and I don't tend to argue for things like I probably should. One thing I did strongly argue about though was family photos . . . we were due . . . and as my son said . . . I dressed him like a monkey.
Monkey see . . . Monkey do . . .
1. I really believe there are things nobody would see if I didn't photograph them. - Diane Arbus
2. You are a pest, by the very nature of that camera in your hand. - Princess Anne
3. It's not the camera, but who's behind the camera. - Anonymous
4. Photos help people to see. - Berenice Abbott
5. You don’t take a photograph, you make it. – Ansel Adams
6. Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst. – Henri Cartier-Bresson
7. I often wished I could capture and share the sudden moments of beauty that I would see all around me. - Caroline Mueller
8. Life is about capturing the moment in its beauty, and telling a story to every beautiful moment. - Blanca Acosta
9. Photography is my ally, my medium of speaking non-verbally. - Omolara Aluko
10. Everything that is visible hides something that is invisible. - Rene Magritte
I will have to let you know if I will be scrambling about next week for gifts . . . there are so many other things I think we can do as a family than open presents. But for now, I need to get my holiday cards addressed.
Quotes: Photography Quotes